Participating Retail Locations
R.F. Moeller 2065 Ford Parkway St Paul MN 55116
Long's Jewelers 323 Speen Street Nattick MA 01760
Geoffrey's Diamonds 626 Walnut Street, #212 San Carlos CA 94070
Beard's Jewelers 4845 Town Center Parkway Jacksonville FL 32246
Dearborn Jewelers 805 W. Ann Arbor Trail Plymouth MI 48170
J.F. Kruse Jewelers 220 Waite Avenue South St. Cloud MN 56301
Bachendorf's Jewelers 13350 Dallas Pkwy, #1415 Dallas TX 75240
Newton's Jewelers 701 GARRISON AVENUE Fort Smith AR 72901
Jade Galore 316 BARBER COURT Milipitas CA 95035
Security Jewelers 307 W. SUPERIOR STREET Deluth MN 55802
Liljenquist & Beckstead 11914U FAIR OAK MALL Fairfax VA 22033
Summerwind 49 Market Street Portsmouth NH O3801
Calvin Broyles 4144 STATE RTE #4 Hurricane WV 25526
Sissy's Log Cabin 1825 North Grant Street Little Rock AR 72207
Sayers Jewelers 19 SOUTH MAIN STREET Smyrna DE 19977
Rocky Point Jewelers 29 ROCKY POINT-YAPHANK RD Road # 3 Rocky Point NY 11778
Northeastern Fine Jewelers 1575 WESTERN AVE Albany NY 12203
Zimmer Brothers Jewelers 39 Raymond Avenue Poughkeepsie NY 12603
Blasé De Natale Jewelers 11 Lacey Road Forked River NJ 08731
Conti Jewelers 532 Hooper Road Endwell NY 13760
“You Just Know” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Timing: The “You Just Know” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on October 1, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 22, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Lazare Kaplan International, Inc., its retailers, and its promotional partners, and any of their affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, in-laws, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, (a) visit your local participating Lazare Kaplan retailer, a list of which is set forth below, (b) visit Sponsor’s 4C’s app contest page by downloading the 4C’s app at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-lazare-diamond-4cs/id426777938?mt=8 or (c) visit http://contest.lazarediamonds.com. On the provided entry form (you may attach additional pages as necessary for in-store entries), please (i) write about when “you just knew” about the one you love and (ii) describe the characteristics of a Lazare diamond. Online entries will be combined with the entries submitted to the Participating Retail Location nearest to entrant’s residence. Please go to http://contest.lazarediamonds.com to view the “Participating Retail Locations”.
By submitting your essay (“Submission”), you agree that it conforms to the Submission Requirements as set forth below. Any Submission not in compliance with these Submission Requirements shall be void.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: On or around October 24, 2012, a panel of qualified judges from each Participating Retail Location, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion, will select the potential Grand Prize winner with the highest-scoring Submission from among all eligible Submissions for that Participating Retail Location based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
5. Prize: TWENTY-FIVE (25) GRAND PRIZES: Lazare diamond pendant, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1,500 each. Total ARV of all Prizes: $37,500. Actual number of prizes may vary depending on the number of Participating Retail Locations; one (1) prize per Participating Retail Location. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Winners must provide Sponsor with valid identification and social security number, if requested. Winners must provide Sponsor with valid identification and social security number, if requested. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). All prizes are provided “as-is” and without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
6. Publicity: By entering the Contest and/or accepting prizes, each entrant grants to Sponsor (and its licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, submission and any other information or materials provided by entrant, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All submissions, including submission file and content, will become the property of Sponsor, and may be used by Sponsor for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants. Each entrant agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights to all information submitted during the Contest, and agrees to execute and deliver such documents, certificates, assignments and other writings, and take such other actions as may be necessary or desirable to vest in Sponsor the ownership rights granted to Sponsor hereunder.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for problems with the submissions, including, but not limited to, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest, and select the winner(s) from the entries received prior to the modification, suspension, or cancellation. Sponsor agrees to take such action in a fair and appropriate manner. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant's submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Release and Limitation of Liability: BY RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR AND ANY PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OF EACH OF THEIR PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AFFILIATE AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND ARISING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4), late, lost, undeliverable, or damaged mail; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. Each winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. If for any reason an entrant's submission is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another submission and thereby another entry into the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
9. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the State of New York, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A.
10. Sponsor: Kaplan International Inc. 19 W. 44th Street 16th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Administrator: See list of Participating Retail Locations in Section 3.
12. Winners’ List: For the names of the persons receiving prizes in the Contest, available after November 1, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “You Just Know” Contest, 19 W. 44th Street 16th Floor, New York, NY 10036, or send an email to email@example.com.
Lazare Kaplan International Inc. (“Lazare” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, Lazarediamonds.com (“Site”).
This Policy contains details about how Lazare collects and uses information from you when you use the Site, as well as how that information might be shared with third parties. This Policy covers only the Site.
Effective Date of Policy
This Policy is effective as of: July 29, 2011.
Policy Updates and Changes
Lazare may update this Policy from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted below for a period of thirty (30) days prior to taking effect. Your continued use of the Site after the changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If any changes are unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Site.
If any changes to this Policy affect how Lazare treats or handles personally identifiable information already provided to Lazare by you, Lazare will notify you by email (to the extent Lazare has an active email address associated with your personally identifiable information) and give you thirty (30) days to opt out of the changes as they pertain to your information before such changes take effect. If Lazare decides in the future to share any of the information we collect through the Site with any third parties, we will require that this Policy be adhered to before such sharing.
Collection of Information:
You can generally visit the Site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is generally defined as information that may be able to identify you such as, yet not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, photograph, age, etc.
By using the Site and supplying to Lazare PII, you agree that we can collect, use, or share your PII in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of Information: What You Provide to Lazare
There are areas and services of the Site where you may be asked to provide Lazare with PII. For example, we collect information from you when you register on the Site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature. Depending on the nature of your activity, such as when you post/upload content with PII to the Site, other users may be able to view your PII. Lazare also reserves the right to modify or delete any content, including PII, you post/upload to the Site.
Collection of Information: What Other Information we May Collect
In addition to information you specifically provide to Lazare, we may collect other information from you in order to make the Site better and make your overall Site experience more enjoyable.
Collection of Information: How Lazare Uses Your Information
Lazare uses the information we collect from you to make the Site more enjoyable and user friendly. More specifically, we use your information, including PII, to:
Collection of Information: Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Lazare. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Lazare may share your PII with an outside party if Lazare’s ownership status changes. For example, the sharing may take place if Lazare is acquired or merged with a third party.
Review and Modification of Collected Information
If you would like to review, edit or delete any of the PII we collected from you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access your Site online account.
Protection of Information and Security
It is Lazare policy to do its best to keep any PII you provide to us secure.
Lazare uses industry standard security measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your PII from loss, unauthorized access, or disclosure.
While Lazare takes the issue of protecting your privacy online seriously, you should exercise discretion in what information you post/upload to the Site. We cannot guarantee that information sent over the Internet is fully secure, and therefore the transmitted information may be intercepted by others before it reaches Lazare.
If you are concerned about sending information to Lazare over the Internet, do not send it. Lazare is not responsible for the security of information sent to us over the Internet.
The Site is not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 13 years of age. Lazare does not knowingly collect any information, including PII, from children under 13 years of age. If Lazare learns that any information was provided through the Site by a person younger than 13 years of age, Lazare will delete the information immediately.
It is recommended that minors 13 years of age and older seek permission from their parents before using the Site.
The Site is meant for individuals within the United States. Lazare only knowingly collects information from individuals within the United States. If you provide information to us from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. If you are outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with any local laws regarding use of the Site and data collection. This Policy only addresses data collection from individuals within the United States. Please note that by providing any information through the Site, you consent to have such information transmitted to and processed in the United States.
The Site may contain links to external sites not controlled by Lazare. Lazare is not responsible for the privacy practices and data collection policies for such third party sites. You should consult the privacy policies of those sites for details.
Lazare reserves the right to disclose any of your collected information, including PII, if we reasonably believe: (1) it is required to do so by law; (2) we should in cooperation with a governmental or law enforcement investigation; and/or (3) it would prevent imminent bodily harm to anyone, fraud, harm to Lazare, or any other illegal activity.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com It is the policy of Lazare to strictly enforce this Policy. If you believe there has been some violation of this Policy by Lazare, please contact us.
This Policy was last updated on July 29, 2011.